Director of Music, Grace Episcopal Church in the Mountains
Grace Episcopal Church in the Mountains (Episcopal)
394 N. Haywood St.
Waynesville, NC 28786
Job Description for Director of Music
• Play 10:30 am Sunday service with 10:00 am Choir Rehearsal
• Play other major services of the church year, including weddings and funerals
• Direct and accompany Wednesday night choir rehearsals from 7:00 pm - 8:30pm
• Choose and rehearse appropriate Preludes and Postludes for each service
• Work within the parish budget for music and worship when acquiring new music or hiring additional musicians
• Select choir anthems appropriate to liturgical season; research and order new music as needed.
• Choose hymns for all services in consultation with clergy upon request
• Work with Soloists and Instrumentalists
• Meet with Rector at the beginning of each liturgical season to choose service music and discuss details for upcoming services; schedule additional meetings when required
• Communicate and work closely with volunteer choir librarian/assistant regarding upcoming music and other needs
• Arrange for regular tuning and maintenance of sanctuary instruments, choir room piano, and Thatcher Hall piano
• Arrange for suitable substitutes when unable to play or direct.
Salary is commensurate with experience and competitive. We envision this position requiring on average 10 hours a week.
We have an electronic Allen Renaissance Organ with three manuals.
- From 2018-01-10 00:00 to 2018-04-10 00:00
Powered by iCagenda