Pianist/Choir Director Needed
Director of Music Ministry/Pianist
New Hope Presbyterian Church
The Director of Music Ministry/Pianist equips the saints for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:12) by empowering the choir and congregation to worship God through music.
This is a salaried, part-time employee position requiring approximately 12-15 hours per week.
Supervision and Primary Relationships
The Director of Music Ministry/Pianist will report to the Pastor and work in conjunction with the Pastor and the Worship Ministry Committee, making decisions jointly with them. The Director of Music Ministry/Pianist will also work closely with the choir, congregational singers and instrumentalists, and any other musicians who take part in worship services.
- Lead music at Sunday worship services, playing the piano, directing the choir, empowering congregational singing and the playing of instruments, and incorporating other creative forms of musical expression into worship.
- Select music for Sunday worship from a diversity of genres, representing a blend of contemporary and traditional music styles. Hymns will be selected in conjunction with the Pastor.
- In conjunction with the Pastor and the Worship Ministry Committee, plan and coordinate the overall music program of the church.
- Lead Wednesday evening choir rehearsals from 7:00-8:30 PM, except during the 8-week summer break.
- Lead music for approximately five special worship services per year, including Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, Ash Wednesday, and others as planned together with the Pastor and the Worship Ministry Committee.
- Recruit new choir members and other music participants from the congregation, encouraging their musical development where needed.
- Maintain the music library with assistance from the choir librarian.
- Select and purchase choir music, as needed, from music budget approved annually by the Worship Ministry Committee and Session.
- Supervise maintenance of the piano and other music equipment and make recommendations to the Worship Ministry Committee for its upkeep and repair.
- Arrange for substitute musicians to lead music when taking personal leave time and inform the Pastor and Elder for Worship.
- Lead music for memorial services and weddings when available.
The Director of Music Ministry/Pianist will receive an annual salary of $13,500. Additional compensation for memorial services and funerals will come from the family or the church, ordinarily at a rate of $125 per service.
The Director of Music Ministry/Pianist may use up to $500 per year for professional development.
The Director of Music Ministry/Pianist will receive 2 weeks of paid personal leave time on dates agreed upon by the Pastor and Worship Committee.
Use of Facility and Piano
The Director of Music Ministry/Pianist may use the church facilities and piano, free of charge, for the purpose of teaching private music lessons to students.
Approved by Session: December 21, 2016
- From 2018-01-20 00:00 to 2018-04-20 00:00
Powered by iCagenda